As we did not plan for staying there, we did not research much. The below hotels were good
- Krishna residency at Nirmal
- Hotel Ravi Teja
Advice to travelers
- One need to take extreme care about children and themselves. The roads are not that maintained and rocks are slippery. Accidents may happen anytime.
- Carry your own first aid kit, carry antacid as well.
- It is always good to carry an extra set of clothes. Just in case you get drenched with the water of the waterfall.
- If you have knee or some kind of leg problem, avoid going down 400 to 500 steps down. We found that it was very tough to climb up. However, the steps were not straight down. It had many turns and places to take rest.
- Bathing was allowed in some restricted places. So do not cross the line. Even if you are a great swimmer, it is strictly no.
- If you are looking for an action-packed event, stay away from here. Adventure in these areas can be very dangerous. Rather we need to care about the water, waterfalls, and stones available there.
- Wear seat belt and do not drive fast in the Jungle and villages.
- Do not stay in these places after sunset. As they are very less crowded and if in danger, we get very little villagers to help.
- Try to eat local cuisine- the chicken biriyani. I am Sure it will be a great experience.
- Be nice to locals, they are very helpful. We need to understand and value their sentiment as well.
- As we Indians are little conservative please do not wear which attract unwanted views From locals and other visitors. You know what I mean.
- Use proper speed, honk, slowing down and defensive driving during this visit.
Shall we Picnic in Kuntala or Gayathri or Sriram Sagar Dam or Pochera?
These are no doubt the best picnic spots in Telangana. These are truly good places for kids young stars, family group or social outing. And we are not against picnic or any social gathering. I request all my viewers to take care of these truly untouched beauties.
- Please throw the waste plates and food at the dustbin.
- Please do not litter. Red marks are not good on mother Earth.
- Please clear all the mess before you leave and make it ready for next.
Few Things could have been done better
Few suggestions to Telangana government-
- Sign Boards are much needed. In a few places, there was no signboard at all.
- Open good food joints here, I am telling you this is a great business opportunity. Dreaming to have KFC at Kuntala.
- Need more buses to play from Hyderabad to this place. It will attract more visitors for sure.
- Need a ferry option in the form of ropeway as it is there in Srisailam.
- Need medical facility at least at Kunatala waterfall area. Visitors mainly depend on first aid kits available with themselves.
- Need tap water or drinking water facility at the bottom. Currently after climbing down almost 500 steps, one needs to use his/her own water bottle to drench their throat.
- The govt must maintain the place, currently, it is not maintained due to various factors.
- No Lifeguard!!- Such dangerous beauty needs some lifeguard for sure.