Water splash from the other car and trucks can be fatal. As you can not see anything in front of you while the slash happened, hurriedly you will slow down. This will have a two-way impact. The car behind you may not slow down and collide with you. Secondly, as you can not see anything, you may collide with something. In order to avoid this, I prefer to slow down while other vehicles are crossing or be ready with wiper switch while overtaking another vehicle.
Avoid handling gadgets
Have you ever think critically over the stage that why the use of mobile cellphones is prohibited in most of the nations. The answer is quite simple. You don’t focus on the road whilst talking on a telephone and your concentration degree fall that lead to severe disasters.
Never attempt using hand-free gadgets too. If it’s significant to take the call, better quit your vehicle carefully along the side of the street and take the call. Never try to take calls while driving.
Take rest and power snap
we’re human beings and frequently get tired of things. If you’re going on a long trip, it’s best to take breaks. This may keep you active and fresh. Continuous driving can cause tiredness and dizziness that may be crucial. At any time you feel tired or feel sleepy, better to get a rest and when possible sleep for some time. Keep a substantial distance from another vehicle.
Use seatBelts and safety gears
Therefore, look after you or your family members. Keep a considerable distance from an automobile ahead you. This may lessen the possible the speed of the vehicle ahead sufficient time to adjust in accordance with the speed of the car ahead. Seatbelts are provided in all kinds of vehicles for your protection. Nobody is likely to put on a benefit from them except you. Therefore, always wear your seatbelt the fact that driving quickly cause you more fuel and create more tension. A good driver drives neither too quick nor too slow.
Follows traffic rules
General advise following the traffic rules and traffic signals. Apart from these, you must be known as not always the street signs and rules show us the best route or guide. Therefore, not always the street signs and rules which you follow will be able to ensure your safety. While driving on a road, focus on the signs for animals heading out.
Prepare your Car
Your vehicle ought to also be in perfect condition as well. Proper tire pressure, braking system, lights, and emergency flashers all need to be in good working conditions.
Common advice in all the roads
- As per times of India, 90% of accidents happen in India when we over speed. So Overspeeding is not an option in the Indian road. Prepare to plan early and travel smoothly.
- Driving under the influence of Alchohol is the second largest reason for accidents in India. Avoid the same.
- Blind curves the third death traps in Indian roads. Even tough State governments put up a signboard in most of the roads. But we need to be careful while crossing blind curves.
- Uncontrolled overtakes causes accidents too on the highway. I am not against overtaking a slow moving vehicle, but we need to overtake when we can see the next path clear under sunlight or headlamp.
- Use the upper beam of the headlamp judiciously. Driving always on the upper beam may illuminate the road but may blind the oncoming traffic. It may also cause accidents.
Best Place to Stop
This section can be divided into two parts. The stoppage at daylight and stoppage during night travel.
Best Places to stop at day time
Day time is the best while traveling with family and ladies. Broad daylight reduces robbery and snatching. Be careful about the road though. Since during day time all shops are opened, Google app can help you to find the best place to help. You can inquire about the hotels, their services etc. Decide and stop where you feel like good.
Best places to stop at night time
While day time provides adequate sunlight, but it also attracts natural speed breakers like cycle, cows, dogs etc. Night travel is a breeze in that aspect. 90% of my travel happened at night time. At night we have to be extra careful about the Volvos, trucks and sudden turns. While Google can help you to find a hotel and reviews, I urge you to be extra careful here too.
- I generally prefer to stop at the toll booths. They have securities and pay to use toilets. I generally take rest in these areas.
- Second best spots are the big outlets like CCDs, KFCs etc. they are generally attached to a petrol bunk.
- The third alternative could be the petrol bunk itself. Take permission from them to spot your car. Park it and use their facilities.
- While choosing hotels, I am a bit skeptical. Definitely, I see Google about what other visitors are speaking about the hotel. Then I see the surroundings. If there are other cars stopping by like a Volvo or state bus, I must venture. Otherwise, If I see only people are around, I avoid the place. check out my Medak trip.
- In the same note, please do not stop to an isolated tea shop or a hotel during the night.
- Carry enough dry food, water, and tea with you.