Introduction to Best Laptop
Welcome to our buyer’s guide for the best laptop in 2020. We’re living in a world where smartphones and tablets are commonplace. And even smartwatches are the things that people talk about frequently.
Throughout all of these advances, a humble laptop has preserved for a good reason. When it comes to work, like editing photos, writing lots of emails, composing documents, and getting in touch with colleagues and family, we’re here to guide you all through to pick the best laptop for your job.
It is getting harder to buy a poor quality laptop. But, what separates laptops of 2020 from good laptops is how they manage power, efficiency, portability, and speed.
The best laptop should have a comfortable keyboard & trackpad. After all, these are the two essential reasons you’d pick a laptop over a smartphone or tablet.
In addition, the display of the laptop should be easy on the eyes and bright & sharp enough that you’re not distracted by jagged edges or pixels. Furthermore, the best laptop should be powerful enough to run multiple tasks or advanced video games.
Tips when choosing the best laptop in 2020
These are the most important things to consider when choosing a laptop. For more details, see the section below.
- 12 to 14-inch display screen: these types of laptops provide a great balance between usability and portability. However, a large display screen is also fine, if you don’t travel much.
- If you’re spending more than $600, then you should look for a laptop that has a Core i5 processor 1920×1080 display screen, 8GB of RAM SSD storage instead of a hard drive.
- Battery life: A laptop with 8+ hours of battery life is ideal for any type of work.
- Always look for a 2 in 1 laptop. If you want t use your laptop as a tablet also.
- Chromebooks are ideal for kids and students and their functionality is expanding rapidly.
1: Select a platform: Windows, Mac, or Chrome OS
This would not be an easy question if you’re not familiar with Macs and PCs. But this quick overview will help you to understand things easily.
Generally, laptops come with three operating systems, Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS. Here is the quick summary.
The most efficient operating system for laptops is Windows. And their notebook range in price less than $150 and offers several features like a touchscreen or finger-print reader to protect your computer from unauthorized access. Moreover, Windows 10 is the latest version of windows that offers a number of advantages over Windows 7 & 8.
All Macbooks equipped with Apple’s latest desktop operating system MAC OS Catalina.this operating system provides similar functionality to Windows 10. The difference is in the interface that substitutes the app dock at the bottom of the screen for Microsoft Starmenu and task-bar.
Chrome OS is simple and secure, but limited to Windows & MAC OS. However, the interface of Chrome OS looks similar to Windows like an application menu, desktop, and ability to drag Windows around.
2: Decide if you want a 2-in-1 laptop:
Most of the laptop falls into a category of 2 in 1 laptop. Hybrid devices that can switch between clamshell mode, tablet mode, and other positions.
Normally, 2 in 1 laptop come in two different styles; detachable with a screen that come off the keyboard entirely and flexible laptops with hinges that bend 360-degree to change modes.
3: Pick right size:
Choosing the right size of the laptop is also important. Because if you’re a traveler or blogger, then you need a laptop that is small size.
- 11-12 inches: The thinnest & lightest laptops have 11 to the 12-inches display screen.
- 13 to 14-inches: This size provides the best balance of portability & usability. It typically weighs under 4 pounds.
- 15 to 1-6-inches: This is the most popular size of laptops and weighs around 4 to 5.5 pounds. So consider this, if you love a large screen.
- 17 to 18-inches: if your PC stays on the desk all day, then 17 or 18-inch system provides you the kind of processing power you need to play high-end games.
4: Keyboard & Touch-pad
If you’re buying a laptop for business or office work, then make sure that your keyboard offers solid feedback and plenty of key travel.
Always look for an accurate touchpad that doesn’t give jumpy cursor and response quickly to multi-touch gestures. And if you’re buying a business laptop, then consider getting a laptop with a pointing stick between G and H Keys. So, you can easily navigate around the desktop without lifting your fingers off the keyboard.
These are all the basic things to consider before buying the best laptop in 2020. So, must consider these factors and make a good decision.
This is the buyer’s guide for the best laptop in 2020. There’re many high end and expensive laptop in the market right now. That’s why choosing the best & ergonomic option, not an easy task. But, by going through our guide, you’re able to find a system for your needs.
We hope that this guide helps you. However, if you any suggestions or any questions, then please tell us in the comments. We’re pleased to answer that.