Introduction to Benefits of Eating Neem Leaves
Neem leaves are part of the Indian culture and almost every other Ayurvedic Medicine because of the innumerable benefits.
While one explores the benefits of Eating Neem Leaves on an Empty Stomach, we get to know of areas of our health that get significantly impacted by this small habit alone.
Neem leaves are anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory for our body at the same time. There are various ways by which people consume neem leaves and multiple reasons too. In this blog, we discover the benefits of Eating Neem Leaves on an Empty Stomach regularly.
Other major benefits include treating stomach issues, fever, malaria, skincare problems, controlling blood sugar levels, heart-related illnesses, and others. It is also famous for hair growth, boosting immunity, digestion, and oral health.
There are many ways of consumption and health benefits that people are unaware of.
We will be uncovering all of these in this blog.
Medicinal Value of Neem
Neem is one of the most potent ayurvedic herbs and also one of the most effective ones as used in medicines. There are claims of neem being useful for including but not limited to –
- The bark of the neem tree is used for fever, stomach issues, treating malaria, and many other skincare problems
- The neem flower is used to treat intestinal worms
- Neem is applied directly to the skin because it is effective in treating acne, head lice, wounds, and many other benefits
- It is known to lower blood sugar levels and keeping the levels in control
- It is also used for birth control
- Known for being effective in preventing heart-related diseases
- And many others
What are the benefits of drinking neem juice?
Drinking neem juice has been part of the Indian culture for centuries and now is being adopted in western culture because of the health benefits.
The effect of applying neem leaves on your skin externally and drinking the juice varies, and we discuss the difference in this section.
Just adopting this in your daily routine can help you prevent hundreds of diseases.
Some of the benefits include –
- It is beneficial for skin health and purifies blood which directly helps in preventing acne, oiliness, blackheads, dullness, aging, and pigmentation
- It directly results in the burning of fat cells and increasing the metabolism of the body. In fact, neem is part of most of the fat burning supplements in the market. Drinking neem juice helps you to lose weight
- It purifies blood which helps prevent most of the illnesses
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels and is one of the most effective medicinal herbs for Diabetics
- Some studies even talk about its effect on cancer cells and are used as an effective tool in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells
Does neem leaves help in reducing Diabetes?
Among many of its benefits, one of the biggest ones is the ability to control Diabetes and its effects. In fact, neem has successfully helped people completely manage Diabetes and get off potent medications.
Some of the components of neem include –
- Antiviral compounds
- And a few others
The combination of these compounds has been tested and proved to help in controlling blood sugar levels. In fact, neem leaves are so potent that the consumption of a specific number of neem leaves can lower blood sugar levels beyond a particular range.
This is the reason that it is advised to consume neem leaves only in the particular limit, which helps regulate the levels daily.
Benefits of drinking neem juice every day
Regular consumption of neem juice builds up the immunity of your body and helps strengthen it from various health problems.
After a specific time, you become immune to many health issues.
These are the main benefits –
It optimizes the insulin receptor function, which helps rejuvenate the pancreatic beta cells. This helps ensure the proper delivery of appropriate levels of insulin which directly controls your blood sugar levels.
With regular consumption and small lifestyle changes, your body will start recovering, and you will be able to get off medication or reduce it significantly in some time
With the condition caused due to the coronavirus pandemic and other health challenges of the modern world, building your immunity is a significant concern.
Neem leaves are full of antifungal, anti-viral, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties that protect you from hundreds of diseases.
In fact, neem leaves are known to help prevent deadly illnesses including cancer, heart attack, and other heart-related issues
Neem helps fight and destroy harmful bacteria in the intestinal region of the body. This will aid in digestion and also increase the metabolism of the body.
Oral health and hygiene:
Neem stems are used as a natural toothbrush for centuries because of health benefits. It helps prevent the formation of plaque and other infections in gums. Furthermore, it helps in maintaining the alkaline levels
Regular consumption of neem juice is also linked to improved vision and prevention of eye-related issues
Neem juice is also quite effective in the treatment of sore throat and other throat issues, including constant coughing, etc.
Neem juice has antifungal properties that help in preventing issues related to fungus is hair and skin. It also boosts healthy hair growth as is evident from major Ayurveda supplements having neem as a constituent.
Are there any side effects of drinking neem juice or consuming neem leaves?
Just like all other perishable things in the world, there are side effects of excessive consumption of neem in every form. You have to make sure to maintain adequate dosage, beyond which you are likely to face health issues.
Some of the most common side-effects are –
- Neem can significantly lower the sugar levels in the case of Diabetics. If you have Diabetes, make sure to measure your blood sugar level continuously after you start consuming neem in any form. You will most probably have to change your dosage of medication so keeping regular track is necessary
- You must avoid consuming neem a few weeks before going to any form of surgery
- Since neem boosts the immune system, it can also enhance the growth of auto-immune diseases. If you are at the risk of catching any such conditions, make sure to avoid neem
- Neem should be avoided during pregnancy as it can have various side effects as shown in multiple studies
- Neem is unsafe for children and should not be given to them. Many side effects include nausea, diarrhea, brain disorders, and others are common among children after consumption of need in the form of neem oil or seeds
Neem is one of the Super Medicinal Herbs which can solve most if not all medical issues and risks. It is mostly quite effective for Diabetics, and regular consumption with a plan can actually help you to decrease the dosage of your allopathic medicines significantly.
Make sure to consult your doctor before starting the dosage of neem in any form. Also, make sure to track your sugar levels regularly once you start consuming neem daily. It will help you to mitigate the effect of Diabetes and even reduce the dosage of medicines.
Make sure to take action today and take a step towards your health; this one change can change your life!v